Acting as a groomsman or best man is a demanding commitment, and it can be challenging to know what exactly your responsibilities are. Here are some of the responsibilities you may expect in that role:
Before the wedding:
- Rent a tux with sufficient lead time for tailoring prior to the wedding day.
- Help the best man plan the bachelor party.
- The best man and groomsmen should attend all showers, parties, rehearsals, and events leading up to the wedding.
- Coordinating the selection and purchase of a present for the wedding couple is one of the best man and groomsmen’s responsibilities. Often, the wedding party will contribute to a single meaningful and extraordinary gift.
On the wedding day:
- Show up early! Never ever be late as a groomsman. Many grooms have their best man and groomsmen get ready with them on the wedding day, so that helps eliminate the possibility of being late. Remember to bring food and refreshments.
- If there are no other assigned ushers, groomsmen may be asked to escort guests to their seats.
- It is the groomsmen’s job to know the timeline of the wedding and the location of all the amenities, as guests will naturally see you as a source of information for these details.
- Groomsmen will want to make sure all of the groom’s needs are addressed. For example, you may take the initiative of grabbing him a drink so he doesn’t have to leave his bride or interrupt a conversation with a guest.
- Groomsmen may be asked to be part of a speech with the Best Man.
- Decorating the get-away vehicle is sometimes part of the day’s activities, depending on what the plans are for after the reception. Plan ahead for a “Just Married” sign.
- Groomsmen transporting the gifts to a safe, pre-determined location after the reception.
As attendants to the groom, groomsmen should be prepared to be flexible on the wedding day; they are key participants in a full-day affair with time sensitive events like walking down the aisle, photographs, the grand entrance for dinner, and more.
You might be wondering, what do groomsmen get in return for their efforts? It is the groom’s job to get presents for the groomsmen. Any girlfriend or mother knows how hard it can be to choose a present for a guy that they will actually appreciate. We Table 6 Chicks are always on the lookout for the best vendors, and we have found some terrific options for groomsmen’s gifts.
Groovy Groomsmen Gifts offers many creative and enjoyable presents that you can personalize for each and every groomsman. Here are a couple of Table 6’s favorite gifts:
This Combat Cooler is a superb choice for any groomsmen that loves a cold beer at a tailgate, BBQ, or any social opportunity. The Combat Cooler holds 12 bottles or 18 cans, sports a front pocket for storage, and an adjustable shoulder strap to meet all your cooler needs. It can be personalized with up to 3 initials so each groomsmen can have their own individual cooler.
How cool is this?! These custom made caricatures with your choice of background are a great way to show your appreciation for all the groomsmen who contributed so much time, effort, and expense for your special day. You simply supply pictures of the people you want in the photo and a few additional details! This is one of their best sellers, and it’s obvious why! To get more details here’s a link to this product on their website. http://www.groovygroomsmengifts.com/products/best-groomsmens-gifts-caricature
Groovy Groomsmen is your source for these and many more original gifts, such as those pictured below. To purchase any go to http://www.groovygroomsmengifts.com and start shopping!